Creator is exactly Indianz.com
2021-04-07Both vaccine makers, Pfizer and Moderna, have tested the effectiveness of their vaccines against the UK variant and tests are showing the vaccines are effective against this strain. The POL EOC strongly encourages that we all take individual responsibility to get vaccinated to protect ourselves and our children who are still not able to receive the vaccine. The virus still has a hold of us and is putting our community at risk so we must continue to remain vigilant.
2020-05-08With the Navajo Nation in crisis, much needed supplies--from diapers to bottled water--are collected by urban Indian center and delivered to the reservation.
New Mexico Delegation of Legislators and Tribal Leaders Introduce Tribal COVID-19 Disaster Assistance Cost Share Relief Act“Under the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Public Assistance program, emergency work, including Direct Federal Assistance, is authorized at 75 percent federal funding, leaving Indian Tribal governments responsible for the remaining 25 percent. Maintaining this cost share during the COVID-19 pandemic – as Tribal economies and health systems struggle – places severe pressure on Tribal budgets and limits critical resources that are desperately needed to protect the public health of Native communities. The Tribal COVID-19 Disaster Assistance Cost Share Relief Act would waive the cost-sharing requirement and grant 100 percent funding for all Indian Tribal governments.”